Friday, March 22, 2013


The cure for blindness

I think I have stumbled on to something big.  I believe that I just might have a cure for blindness, and it even works on fixing one who is little shortsighted.  It seems that the cure was right there in front of us all along.  We just could not see it (no pun intended…well maybe) The Apostle Peter tells us of this miraculous cure in his letters to the church. 

“But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.” 2 Peter 1:5-9(NKJV)

It seems that we still have some work to do.  We need to be getting our math books out and figuring out all of this addition stuff.  This looks like it may take some time to accomplish so I think I will wait and get started when I have time.  If it were only that easy!  God knows that a person possessing all of these attributes will be a person that He can be proud of, and that will make Him smile.  He does not create some magic, mystical formula for all these things.  He simply leaves it up to us to gather them in as we mature in our walk with Christ.  All of these things flow out of our attitudes and actions towards others.  Each of these will make themselves evident when we are trying to weave our way through the jungle of this world, cutting here and chopping there in order to make sure we can plant and grow more of these good tasting crops.  When we do this, when we wear these things out in the open, we make it easier for people to see.  We make it easier for others to recognize Christ because they can see Him through us, through our actions. 

Trust me, I can hear the wheels turning, and they are probably my wheels.  I have a difficult time being able to control my emotions, my actions and my thoughts.  We are all human, and God knows that displaying all of these will not happen overnight.  That’s why he talks of the mathematics of the whole situation.  We are to add, to grow this stuff in our walk with Christ.  We are to demonstrate these things once we have made them a part of who we are.  I’m of the belief that over time, we all can do this, but we will never get there until we get started. 

We can’t see the light until we fix our blindness.

“in the world, not of the world”

No comments:

Post a Comment